Quality and Safety
University Compounding Pharmacy is committed to providing the highest quality formulations with an emphasis on patient safety & quality of care. We make it a priority to stay ahead of state and national level regulations, often implementing them years in advance.
University Compounding Pharmacy features
- Multiple ISO 7 clean rooms
- ISO 5 laminar airflow workbench hoods
- USP 795 and 797 compliant laboratories
University Compounding Pharmacy is verified to be following the highest industry standards and has received accreditation in
- Non-Sterile Pharmacy Compounding (CFNS)
- Sterile Pharmacy Compounding (CFST)
PCAB Accreditation offers tangible assurance that a pharmacy is meeting the ethical and quality assurance standards of PCAB, FDA, USP and state pharmacy boards. PCAB Accreditation denotes a more stringent & comprehensive standard. This serves as an affirmation that the accredited pharmacy has been tested against the profession’s most rigorous standards. PCAB Accreditation is a service of Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC)
What does this mean for my medications?
- American Medical Association (AMA) recommends using only an accredited compounding pharmacy
- Your medication undergoes a minimum of 5 checkpoints with our specialists before being dispensed to you
- Medications are sent out to third-party laboratories for potency (strength) testing
- Sterile medications are sent out to third-party laboratories for potency and sterility testing
- Our sterile medications remain in quarantine storage until they have been tested